Full-Stack Engineer (PHP/JS)
🥱 The TL:DR;
👉 This is for you if…
1. You’re looking for a remote, long-term position
3. Strong experience in Laravel;
4. Strong experience in React;
5. Strong experience in Vue.js;
6. You have hands-on experience with MySQL, Postgres;
7. You’ve got great technical communication skills: you can articulate your thoughts clearly;
8. You’re ok and happy to work across a variety of projects getting exposed to different industries and codebases;
9. You need to be curious;
Note: You’ll see we never specify stuff like “Be a team player” or “Be dedicated” and stuff like that. That is a base requirement for any position these days, but just know we also like these things people usually ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude 😎
💪 This is even better if…
1. Experience with MongoDB;
2. Have developed large-scale Laravel projects before;
3. You’re able to work without micro-management and constant guidance, but rather can understand the high-level needs and the tasks needed and take it from there.
4. Experience with React Native;
5. You have a natural interest for all things programming/tech — you don’t mind learning, you actually love learning.
6. Experience with Node;
7. You’re able to stop, think for yourself and act.
🤓 Being an engineer at ColorElephant
We’re not Google or Facebook. We know that. But we provide ambitious, eager-to-learn engineers with unique opportunities to work on international, large-scale needle-moving projects having insane levels of ownership. You can be more or less seasoned, and you can either be working directly with the client — having contact with successful entrepreneurs and ambitious individuals — or be part of an internal team delivering the project. Regardless, we can promise one thing: you won’t be freaking adjusting pixels. You’ll have ownership (and with that, responsibility) to develop entire functionalities and products. You’ll be able to grow and learn, you’ll be given trust and expected to run with it. You’ll face challenges and fck up, and we’ll clean it together and learn. You’ll have a close-knit team without politics, “power wars” and bullshit. Here’s what matters for us: delivery (ship sht!) with quality, self-improvement and support of others. If you do that, you’ll have tons of opportunities here — to grow, to learn, to take additional responsibility, to be exposed to unique international projects and people.
👩🏻💻 What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible to maintain our existing client applications as well as build brand new functionality from the ground up. .
— Produce “clean” and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation (e.g. for APIs);
— Work across a variety of projects in a given timeframe, resolving bugs, making improvements and developing code from scratch;
— Collaborate with others on translating needs into a clear requirements and tasks;
— Create code that has great test coverage to avoid unnecessary issues in the future;
— Maintain or create documentation for projects, changes and known issues;
— Understand the goals and workflow of a product so you actually build backend technology aligned with the needs;;
— Develop and keep API documentation and other backend documentation up-to-date;
— Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality;
— Follow Agile and SCRUM methodologies (where appropriate) to deliver projects on time;
— Stay informed about industry best practices;
— Provide on-time delivery of projects;
— Communicate with others, including project managers, on struggles and progress of each of the projects;
— Collaborate closely with original project developers to get up and running more efficiently.
🤑 What is in for you?
– An unique challenge that allows you to work on great digital products, having an impact on its development;
– Insane levels of ownership, independence and responsibility;
– Competitive salary proposal for position and location;
– Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or… ) 🙂
– Bonuses for performance indicators we’d mutually agree;
– Be part of our profit-sharing program and take a slice of ColorElephant’s collective success;
– Flexible vacation/days off policy
– Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
– Yearly Bonuses Program
– Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return
– Continuous Training (both on site and online)
– Ability to work in complex projects of Fortune500 as well as small companies.
– Contribute with your suggestions and see your feedback and opinion impact products used by millions worldwide
– Be part of a growing team full of talent